• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin

Has anyone sent linkedin invite to your interviewer after an interview to join your network.

I think we should not, however wanted to check with the panel for thoughts and also about possible repurcursions if I do send the invite.
    Last edited by bullseye; 8 April 2009, 08:48.

Yes. Accepted. Repercussions

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
      Has anyone linkedin invite to your interviewer after an interview to join your network.

I think we should not, however wanted to check with the panel for thoughts and also about possible repurcursions if I do send the invite.
      Only after I start working for them. It's sometimes good to keep in touch after the contract has ended.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

apologies guys, what I really meant was, sending invite after the interview even if you have not got the contract. does it hamper your future chances

Comment

apologies guys, what I really meant was, sending invite after the interview even if you have not got the contract. does it hamper your future chances
          I refer to my earlier post.

It might not harm your chances, as long as you have a good rapour with the interviewer. However, if an opportunity arises in the company again in the future, I'm sure the agency would be keen to bite my hand off, assuming they were honest about the feedback they provided from the client.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I send invites to all useful business contacts I meet, including interviewers (even if I don't get the gig). Downside - what downside. If they really don't like you, they won't accept. Big deal, and as for future chances, who knows.

Comment

Working...
            X