• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP's Expenses - they're all at it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP's Expenses - they're all at it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...don-flats.html

Even the Sinn Fein MP's who refuse to take their seat in Westminster are claiming for flats in London!

I saw a couple of interviews with Jaqui Smith yesterday. She said she could still look her constituants in the eye despite claiming for all the crap she has.

I wonder if anyone will conduct a poll in her constituancy to see if the voters agree?

At least they haven't put hookers on expenses!

Mind you, that's probably just because it hasn't been uncovered yet, not that it hasn't happened
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...don-flats.html

Even the Sinn Fein MP's who refuse to take their seat in Westminster are claiming for flats in London!

I saw a couple of interviews with Jaqui Smith yesterday. She said she could still look her constituants in the eye despite claiming for all the crap she has.

I wonder if anyone will conduct a poll in her constituancy to see if the voters agree?
      How do you think I feel - I am one of her constituants - she even had the nerve to claim for her Patio pots
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Then why not write to her and express that she can't look YOU in the eye

Comment

Gordon Brown has claimed 115,000 pounds on a second home since 2002 (prior figures unavailable) even though he has had free accommodation in Downing Street since 1997 !!

No wonder he says that he has more important things to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Indeed, write to her as your MP and ask why she and her ilk can claim expenses, completely paid for at the tax payers expense, for items that you couldn't even consider as allowable under the "non MP" regime and claim simple tax relief on. It's a perfectly reasonable question.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              She's so thick skinned, she probably would look you in the eye and tell you she's done nothing wrong because that what she firmly believes.

Her defence for everything was a standard answer of "It was the Right Thing To Do". I hate how all Labour MP's use this phrase to justify anything they want without giving reason as to why it is the right thing to do.

I would still urge you (and any other voters of Redditch) to write to her to let her know what you think of her expenses claims.

Comment

Amidst all the outrage, who here would not claim those things that are allowed? We are basically saying they should be of higher morality than we.

Reality is we are a venal and corrupt society and we got the politicians we deserve.

We don't riot and fight against the fascist legislation they have brought in because we assume it affects other people (mostly brown Muslim people).

We are a nasty society.

Comment

Working...
                X