• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junior role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior role

Got a spam from an agency this morning looking for a "Junior PHP developer"

I snapped.

This is the email I sent, also CC'd to the Directors

You must have a copy of my CV to hand to have word matched "PHP". From my CV, and the xyz years industry experience thoroughly documented on it you should be able to conclude that junior rules are not relevant in any way.

Given the current downturn in the IT market, agents and candidates alike are having to work much harder to find work, and form targetted campaigns to stand any chance of success. To just spam everyone on your database because they have the word "PHP" on their CV is really not up to much is it?

When compiling your mailshots, please take time to consider who you are mailing and why. This kind of behaviour will only have a detrimental effect to your business in the eyes of candidates and clients alike. If the only service you provide is to match CVs to roles based on blind text searches then you are at risk of joining the list of agencies going bust at the moment.

Thanks for your time
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

They'll just bin it

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      They'll just bin it
      Or think that you've shown an interest and then mail you a spec.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post

That's what I was thinking
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
          Yeah right...

They'll think you have too much time to waste on writing replies, so you might as well be "on bench" and your mailbox gona be a dumping ground of some serious load of sh!t

Comment

"xyz years"

you have over 100 years of experience in PHP?
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              "xyz years"

you have over 100 years of experience in PHP?
              If thats what the job spec requires.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                If thats what the job spec requires.
                Good answer
                top contracting material
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

While we are at it.....

I got a call yesterday from an unknown pimp and he started going on same stuff...I found your CV and know you are at xyz clientCo.,when your current contract expires and what sort of rate you'll be interested bla bla...

Then suddenly, he said, Iv got a Permie role of experienced Software Architect (thats not me obviously), If you are not suitable then could you pass me details of your "contacts and colleagues" who'll be interested in this role.

I was like, how on earth, he didnt find anyone and calling me for contacts...I told him ok send me your details and i'll pass it to everyone in my contacts...

Yahoo mail was intelligent enough to throw his mail in junk folder automatically so i didnt have to do hard work

Comment

I get tons of calls from pimps to discuss either poorly paid, junior or permie roles.

There can't be any harm in spending 5 minutes just having a chat with them as long as you don't pander to the fishing - if nothing else you might be the first to spring to mind when they have something more suitable to offer.

Comment

Working...
                    X