• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil Spike ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Spike ?

Oil spike in a few months

Maybe worth a few grand in an oil company, or oil futures.

remember ....you heard it here first.
    I'm alright Jack

Not hard to predict really, maybe not in the next few months though, but the oil price appears to have bottomed out now certainly all the charts indicate so. Good time to start drip feeding into a tracker like CRUD or if you're feeling brave LOIL or just the big oil cos.

Comment

Anyone got a guide on trading ETFs for newbies? I would have thought that the price of oil going up long term is as safe a bet as you can get, and if it's as simple as buy low, sell high, I'm in....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I would buy some oil company stocks but BP,Shell,Exxon etc are still falling

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Anyone got a guide on trading ETFs for newbies? I would have thought that the price of oil going up long term is as safe a bet as you can get, and if it's as simple as buy low, sell high, I'm in....
          Its pretty straight forward, no different from an ordinary stock.

I just put some Nat Gas into my selftrade ISA via an ETF.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Big article, could be summarized "Supply Crunch"
            I have both CRUD & LOIL personally. It's also a hedge against inflation.
            Bored.

Comment

I just stuck 1 ltr of oil in my car.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I just stuck 1 ltr of oil in my car.

Is that what you mean by "going long"?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X