• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where has my life gone wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has my life gone wrong?

My permie colleagues are sending my crackers.

One is constantly winging about how things are not perfect – which is exactly why we are here as the governance team.

Another is supporting a bunny sanctuary called Bunny Camp and has a picture calendar of a bunny on his desk. April’s bunny is called Kinsey, all in white.

As for my former client (ie, now boss, contractor who had to change to permie), I am doing half of his work as well as my own.

Office politics are the worst I have seen, anywhere.

Working so far from home (60 miles) I have the joys of a Travelodge on Wednesdays.

Can somebody humour me and make their life sound worse?

Comment

"My permie colleagues are sending my crackers."

where are they sending them?

christmas or under?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

you also forgot the most important and depressing thing...

.. your Wilmslow
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Wiiilllllmsllooooooow!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Where are they sending your crackers to? Have you got anything else to eat? This is definitely harassment.

Another is supporting a bunny sanctuary called Bunny Camp and has a picture calendar of a bunny on his desk. April’s bunny is called Kinsey, all in white.
          Bring in Rabbit pie for tomorrow's lunch in replacement for your crackers. 2 birds, one stone - easy.

As for my former client (ie, now boss, contractor who had to change to permie), I am doing half of his work as well as my own.
          Do his half of the work badly, nick his job when he's found out.

Working so far from home (60 miles) I have the joys of a Travelodge on Wednesdays.
          Get yourself a big plate and make the most of the eat all you can breakfast - boomed.

Not personally, but I do know of a chap who bought this car, turned out to be a right crock - it's been in the garage for about 4 months now and he argues with them every day... Err, that might not help.
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

One is constantly winging about how things are not perfect – which is exactly why we are here as the governance team.

I have solution for you.

Simples.
            Simples!

Comment

http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/rabferr.html references the bunny camp, but the site no longer exists.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It could be worse. You could be sh*fting Gerri Haliwell
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

<canned laughter>

Comment

Working...
                  X