• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market So Bad People Are Asking MyCo For Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market So Bad People Are Asking MyCo For Work

In the last few weeks I've had CVs sent to MyCo from people on the New Deal thingy and various begging letters via email.

On the one hand I'm obviously projecting a 'large company' image but on the other hand it's depressing to see:
    • So many desperate poor sods out there
    • So many fecking spelling errors on EVERY single CV sent to me

Jeez, does no-one prof reed anymore?

Anyone else had people approach them looking for work?

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    In the last few weeks I've had CVs sent to MyCo from people on the New Deal thingy and various begging letters via email.

On the one hand I'm obviously projecting a 'large company' image but on the other hand it's depressing to see:
    • So many fliping spelling errors on EVERY single CV sent to me

Prof reed? What's that then?
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
      Prof reed? What's that then?
      I believe it's termed "Irony".

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Yo might be surprised.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Thanks for pointing that out.
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Nope. But you have a good plan B option here. Offer them the opportunity to have their CV reviewed for £15 to £25 per page.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I've had agents (Note plural) call me and know if I knew of anyone hiring ...

Markets have tanked. Happy I've gone permie, for now ...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yep, I've had two agencies contacting me offering techies. One of the downsides of having a decent Google ranking for MyCo's website is that it doesn't just attract clients....

They clearly are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I've had agents (Note plural) call me and know if I knew of anyone hiring ...

Markets have tanked. Happy I've gone permie, for now ...
                  At ClientCo, I sit opposite the department's admin person and several times per day I hear her take a phone call - clearly from agents. Although I can only hear one side of the conversation, I can easily guess the other side

Agent : "Hello, this is pimps-r-us, I've got some great candidates for you"

ClientCo : "No, we're not looking at the moment"

Agent : "Ah, but can I send you some CV's"

ClientCo : "No, we don't have any vacancies at the moment"

Agent : "Well, I have some good contractors"

ClientCo : "No, we're not looking for permanent staff or contractors"

Agent : "Well, how about if I send them though and call you in a few days to see if you're interested."

etc. etc.

This can go on for several minutes until the pimp gets the point.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                    At ClientCo, I sit opposite the department's admin person and several times per day I hear her take a phone call - clearly from agents. Although I can only hear one side of the conversation, I can easily guess the other side

Agent : "Hello, this is pimps-r-us, I've got some great candidates for you"

ClientCo : "No, we're not looking at the moment"

Agent : "Ah, but can I send you some CV's"

ClientCo : "No, we don't have any vacancies at the moment"

Agent : "Well, I have some good contractors"

ClientCo : "No, we're not looking for permanent staff or contractors"

Agent : "Well, how about if I send them though and call you in a few days to see if you're interested."

etc. etc.

This can go on for several minutes until the pimp gets the point.
                    Be grateful they are so persistent, it could be you they are trying to push some day.

Comment

Working...
                    X