• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Banks ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Banks ?

This guy Mark has a point.

Banks seem to be the root of all evil, but they lent to people. Therefore, are the people - the individuals on the street - not really the problem?

Originally posted by denver2k View Post

Banks seem to be the root of all evil, but they lent to people. Therefore, are the people - the individuals on the street - not really the problem?

That would require people to take some sort of responsibility for their actions, and that's not fashionable at the moment.

Comment

Yes, a good point. However, I think they were doing more than simply lending to people. They were practically forcing credit down people's throats - and people who they knew couldn't afford to pay it back, but that didn't matter because they could reposses their house and get their money back anyway.

People and society need to take their fair share of the blame. If enough people had thought that just because the bank was prepared to lend them the money didn't automatically mean it was a sensible idea, then we wouldn't have had such a huge bubble ripe for bursting.

Comment

It's the banks fault that our pensions are ruined, our taxes are too high and that the cost of public services has escalated beyond HMG control.

Comment

Its the people stupid enough to vote labour who are at fault.

I bet most of them read the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            It's the banks fault that our pensions are ruined, our taxes are too high and that the cost of public services has escalated beyond HMG control.
            I think you're being harsh. OK I admit we did the first two, but we're off the hook for the cost of public services. Nothing to do with me Gov.

Comment

Well, all major religions have a problem with money lenders and money changers.

In the Bible it's listed as an abomination, and is considered worse than the section that many think prohibits homosexuality.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X