• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody accountants

I appreciate they're busy at the moment but it shouldn't be an excuse to not bother with my pay and divi advise, they said they'd sort it ASAP even though I sent it Friday.

I pay the feckers £70 a month FFS… Should I ask for a rebate?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Bet I can guess who you're with...

Comment

Diy

Hth
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        Diy

Hth
        How hard it is to diy ? Are there any books or cd I can use .
        it will save me £1200/year

Comment

Mine's gone on holiday. What kind of acct goes on holiday in April?
          ;o)
          "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
          "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
            ;o)

Come the revolution - 1st the agents, then the accountants.
            Bored.

Comment

;o)
              To state the obvious... yours does.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

;o)
                thats hillarious dude....

Its like PM/Developer/Support guy on holidays when Project going Live...lol...

Anyways, i monthly pay 125ish (incl. VAT) to my accountant and quite pleased with him. Can call or email him anytime and he gets back to me sooner than i ever expect.

Comment

Alan from Nixon Williams saw my post today and has promised to sort it out, he's obviously not on holiday.

All is forgiven.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    How hard it is to diy ? Are there any books or cd I can use .
                    it will save me £1200/year
                    Those helpful people at HMRC will send you a CD to do the payroll, and yearend returns for PAYE & NI.

The helpful people at companies house supply a PDF which you update with figures and submit for your yearend company financial return.

The same helpful companies house people have an online submission for your company yearend.

The good folk over at HMRC allow you to submit your company accounts via the interweb thingie, and you can fill in the CT600 online.

If you have a set of accounts prepared by an accountant it is reasonably easy to work out where the figures come from if you affairs are fairly simple.

The whole business of "diy" took me less than 10 hours spread over the year, and I know where every penny goes now.

Comment

Working...
                    X