• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wonders of the Holley Carburettor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wonders of the Holley Carburettor...

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blo...trophe-an.html

Not to mention carb icing, which I'd never previously encountered before fitting one of these POS carbs.

My point is that the carb is an ill designed piece of tulipe that I wish I'd never bought.

Possibly with the Weber powerplate you might be able to tune the fecking thing, but out of the box it's a piece of garbage.

Setting the float levels tends to flood the top of the engine with petrol.

Changing the jets does this with bells and fecking whistles on.

It spits fire back into the aircleaner and if you're lucky the aircleaner catches fire.

All in all, on an Essex V6 you're much better off leaving the 38DGAS in place, or going for the Burton 3 carb setup which has the advantage that it can be tuned.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 28 March 2017, 07:35.

Please explain your point.. doesn't the article clearly state that it was an error on the part of the mechanic?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Not to mention carb icing, which I'd never previously encountered before fitting one of these POS carbs.
    Not knowing what you have it attached to.. but I'd hazard a guess that the manifold pre-heat system is not functioning correctly..

Comment

Working...
    X