• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy Farrell One of the greatest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Farrell One of the greatest

Thank you Brian Moore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...by-legend.html
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    One of the greatest union flops?

Comment

Thank you Brian Moore
      In all fairness though, who would seek the views of a neckless xenophobe that spent most of his career buried in a mound of writhing wobblebottomed forwards as to just who was a player worth watching in either code?
      Moore should stick to what he knows best...........whatever that is.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        One of the greatest union flops?
        He might have been a "flop" at Union but he was a legend and a great league player for Wigan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          In all fairness though, who would seek the views of a neckless xenophobe that spent most of his career buried in a mound of writhing wobblebottomed forwards as to just who was a player worth watching in either code?
          Moore should stick to what he knows best...........whatever that is.
          I have to disagree. Brian Moore is quite the opposite to being a one eyed xenophobe. He is the first to criticise England when they play badly and he is the first to praise English opponents when they play well. He was the scourge of the Welsh and the Scots both in competition on the field, verbally and in the press, however he is quite magnanimous in his praise for those who do well who are not English.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I have to disagree. Brian Moore is quite the opposite to being a one eyed xenophobe. He is the first to criticise England when they play badly and he is the first to praise English opponents when they play well. He was the scourge of the Welsh and the Scots both in competition on the field, verbally and in the press, however he is quite magnanimous in his praise for those who do well who are not English.
            Farrell was a fantastic League player!

Comment

He's also a qualified solicitor, a qualified manicurist (!) and wrote a wine column as well as his sports column. I actually think his Telegraph column is one of the best around; he writes very well.

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                He's also a qualified solicitor, a qualified manicurist (!) and wrote a wine column as well as his sports column. I actually think his Telegraph column is one of the best around; he writes very well.
                I have met him and like many top rugby players he is quite inscruitable/strange with a sort of mad streak in him. Most of them are just plain thick without any personality.

Comment

I have met him and like many top rugby players he is quite inscruitable/strange with a sort of mad streak in him. Most of them are just plain thick without any personality.
                  I've met a few although only really union players (with the exception of Jason Robinson) and they have all been pretty intelligent.

Maybe the League boys just aren't as clever as the Union boys.
                  Last edited by cailin maith; 9 April 2009, 15:11. Reason: Don't want it to sound like JR was thick... he wasn't!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I've met a few although only really union players (with the exception of Jason Robinson) and they have all been pretty intelligent.

Maybe the League boys just aren't as clever as the Union boys.
                    Probably right.

Comment

Working...
                    X