• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And then one day you find, twelve days have got behind you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then one day you find, twelve days have got behind you

Twelve more days till Pink Floyd and DSOM in Manchester. To all those who applied for my spare tickets, sorry, they have gone.
    Taking my 18 year old lad, it will be brilliant.

getting a bit exited.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Showing my age, but thats one concert I would love to go to.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Showing my age, but thats one concert I would love to go to.
      could you get to manchester ?

it's actually Australian Pink Floyd. Seen them before, last year, and they are note perfect

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

could you get to manchester ?

it's actually Australian Pink Floyd. Seen them before, last year, and they are note perfect
        I saw them at Guilfest last year - they are VERY good.

Comment

I saw Off The Wall a couple of years ago (with my son, then age 15). It was great.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've the Aussies twice and they were good value.

Comment

I saw Roger Waters do DSOTM in Liverpool last year and it was brilliant. I dragged the wife along and to be honest it wasn't her cup of tea. In the first half he did the whole album and then in the second half he did things from the wall, a few of his solo things and stuff from Animals. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. I'd like to see him do the Wall as I really like that album - infact I'm listening to it now!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Saw Floyd live at the Docklands Arena, must be 20 years ago now.

Did a real mixture of stuff, from opening with the whole of Shine On You Crazy Diamond through large chunks of DSOTM mixed with excerpts from The Wall, Wish You Were Here and bits from other albums. Inflatable Pig, Flying Bed, the whole shebang.

Ended up seeing them 3 nights in a row as I was working there part time at the time and use my staff pass to get in. Sat in spare seats next to the sound board slap in the middle of the area.

Best concerts I have ever been to before or since.

EDIT : July 1989, almost exactly 20 years ago.
                Last edited by DaveB; 9 April 2009, 13:11.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Off the Wall play the Piece Hall in Halifax most years, it's a superb show.

Comment

I'm seeing them in a couple of weeks too

This'll be the third time and they are excellent.

I was also lucky enough to see the original line up (though without Waters) at Maine Road 20 odd years ago...
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                    X