• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for sasguru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for sasguru

How are you finding your D40? I'm thinking it's time to get shot of my crappy old camera and would welcome a first hand review.

Plus getting out and taking some photos would help relieve the bench boredom
    ǝןqqıʍ

It's all right.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      How are you finding your D40? I'm thinking it's time to get shot of my crappy old camera and would welcome a first hand review.

Plus getting out and taking some photos would help relieve the bench boredom
      Very happy with it. For the price unbeatable I would say - although maybe the equivalent Sony comes close.
      I'm concentrating on understanding the technical parts of photography and trying to "develop an eye" at the moment as I agree with the photographer who reckons its not your kit that matters.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Very happy with it. For the price unbeatable I would say - although maybe the equivalent Sony comes close.
        I'm concentrating on understanding the technical parts of photography and trying to "develop an eye" at the moment as I agree with the photographer who reckons its not your kit that matters.
        Think I'll pop into Jessops today and have a play with one. It really is time to get rid of this crappy little compact.

Fortunately I have a friend who's a pro photographer so I'm going to get some free lessons. Unfortunately all the kit she's recommended comes with a 4 figure price tag!

Thanks sas
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I fear that such abilities are more down to genetic predisposition than anything else sg. In any event, let us hope you have more success than you have displayed in your fanciful attempts to "hothouse" your intellect.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I fear that such abilities are more down to genetic predisposition than anything else sg. In any event, let us hope you have more success than you have displayed in your fanciful attempts to "hothouse" your intellect.
            Yes I suppose there was no point "hothousing" the pea-sized lump of unconnected neurons you fondly call your brain.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've got the D40x. Love it. I'm not a subject matter expert though as I've quite clearly proved time and time again that good camera does not equal good photographer.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Yes I suppose there was no point "hothousing" the pea-sized lump of unconnected neurons you fondly call your brain.
                Tis a thing of beauty my brain, and in pristine condition as it has hardly been used!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X