• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More AGW madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More AGW madness

The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.
    John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Madness - direct to you from the office of the president.
    Anyone care to defend this ?
    Bored.

You're just jealous of the religion thread

Anyway its good for job creation.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why not have a open fridge day.
      If everyone opens their fridge for one day global temp will be down by 2 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You're just jealous of the religion thread

Anyway its good for job creation.
        I'll take that as a no. You are more sensible than the president of the USA's new science advisor. Scary
        Bored.

Comment

I thought the whole business of us "shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere" was the very thing the lentil-munching tree-huggers were so sniffy about?
          Jeez I wish they would make their minds up!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So if I understand this correctly....

...removing catalytic converters from all 4x4s is the answer to solving the Earth's climate issues? Honestly, those bl00dy tree hugging environmentalists have destroyed this planet in the last twenty years. Must do my bit for the planet tonight and rev my engine extra hard at the lights.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to detonate a few nuclear bombs a mile or two underground over some supervolcano's magma chamber, to try and stir it into action?

Yellowstone National Park wouldn't be a good choice, because if that went up and the wind changed direction then most of the US would be coated in volcanic ash to a depth of several feet.

But if you waited until the wind was in the right direction, so the ash was blown out to sea, perhaps we could try and wake up Toba.

P.S. The radioactivity wouldn't be that much of a problem - Volcanic ash is quite radioactive anyway.
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 9 April 2009, 17:40.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Quicker just to nuke China.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
                  ...removing catalytic converters from all 4x4s is the answer to solving the Earth's climate issues? Honestly, those bl00dy tree hugging environmentalists have destroyed this planet in the last twenty years. Must do my bit for the planet tonight and rev my engine extra hard at the lights.
                  Removing speed bumps would cut emissions.
                  Removing traffic wardens would also remove quite a bit of hot air.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Wouldn't it be easier to detonate a few nuclear bombs a mile or two underground over some supervolcano's magma chamber, to try and stir it into action?

Yellowstone National Park wouldn't be a good choice, because if that went up and the wind changed direction then most of the US would be coated in volcanic ash to a depth of several feet.

But if you waited until the wind was in the right direction, so the ash was blown out to sea, perhaps we could try and wake up Toba.

P.S. The radioactivity wouldn't be that much of a problem - Volcanic ash is quite radioactive anyway.
                    Have you considered a career in government?
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X