• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off the bench..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the bench..

Finally !!! Right on my doorstep too!!
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Top work Chris79! Well done.

How long were you on the bench? I seem to remember you being out around Christmas.

The phone has been ringing a lot this week. All those new budgets floating around I guess.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Excellent news. You know what they say. Good news comes in pairs.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

5 months benched, enjoyed every minute of it - had a good warchest prepared he he!... I can safely say that I'm glad my -extended- holiday has now come to an end.

I did try and break into project management, did my PRINCE2 etc, had a few interviews, but didn't get far (probably blown away by the competition out there also on the bench). Anyway I decided to stick with what I knew best and focus on my current mainstream work and that's where I've ended up again, only slightly higher up the ladder so very happy.

Phone has been ringing all week, spoke to an agent on a role yesterday, interviewed today, offered it at 5pm tonight.. literally 24 hour turnaround. I always suspected that if I had a chance this year the most likely time would be the month of April.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Excellent news. You know what they say. Good news comes in pairs.
          that's titties mate!

Comment

Congrats!
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Well done that man!

Comment

I'm pleased for you.

When it comes to the PM migration you should keep an eye open in your new role as to where you can help out on the PM side and gain experience, it will come along if it's what you fancy doing in the long run.

Well done and nice one on the 24 hour turnround especially since it's a local gig

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Working...
                    X