• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working today

Nobody else working today?

bluhhhhh!... Italy don't have good friday off as a holiday, how stupid is that... catholic country... no day off..

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    Nobody else working today?

bluhhhhh!... Italy don't have good friday off as a holiday, how stupid is that... catholic country... no day off..
    I don't "get today off" (not very contractor-friendly phrase, permies get allowed to have days off, but you know what I mean), just Monday
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
      I don't "get today off" (not very contractor-friendly phrase, permies get allowed to have days off, but you know what I mean), just Monday
      well, not "getting it off", more like not allowed to work as the office is closed... office is closed on monday here...would rather work tbh

Comment

Im also working today and Monday too.

My contract is in Glasgow and looks like they dont believe on Good Friday n Easter thingie

But as a contractor, I dont mind being working and hopefully i'll be off after lunch and go away for a weekend

Comment

Italy don't have good friday off as a holiday, how stupid is that... catholic country... no day off..
          Well, I guess some of them were working quite hard on the original Good Friday, what with all that crucifying to organise and so on. Maybe they're just commemorating that.

Comment

well, not "getting it off", more like not allowed to work as the office is closed... office is closed on monday here...would rather work tbh
            This client closes their office in Sept for 2 days and for 7 days at Xmas/New Year so no choice for contractors.
            If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

nope im off today, office is shut

so, ive made myself a full english and catching up on geekiness on the net.. it's my first official day of rest this year.. fandabbydosey
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

No official day off here but it's awful quiet............
                Mmmm.... 3 hour lunch break
                Bored.

Comment

Ordered lots of hardware with next day delivery yesterday and it was shipped and delivered to local depot but actual final delivery on Tue next week!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    Well, I guess some of them were working quite hard on the original Good Friday, what with all that crucifying to organise and so on. Maybe they're just commemorating that.

that would have been some commute

Comment

Working...
                    X