• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryan Air 20 euros boarding ticket scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Air 20 euros boarding ticket scam

Today I was at a foreign airport at the Ryan Air check in desk of my return leg to England and I presented them with my ticket "code" and passport and they told me that "I should have printed it out at home go to the ticket office".

When I reached the Ryan Air ticket office I was informed that I would be charged 20 Euros for the privaledge of them printing out my boarding card !!!!!!!

WTF !!!

I actually attempted on Saturday and Sunday to print out my boarding card via the English Ryan Air website and also the foreign Ryan Air website (where I went on my holidays) and both websites (24 hours, 48 hours and 3 days before departure) informed me that I could not print out my boarding card.
    Nor could I print out the boarding card for the return leg of my journey to England 10 days ago when I was actually in England.

I thought it was just me but then a non British very angry mother and some other guy behind told me at the Ryan Air offce at the airport that they had exactly the same problem and they would be charged 20 Euros just like me, the angry mom said that the other day Ryan Air attempted to charge 70 people with this "penalty of not printing your boarding card at home !".

Its bleedin daylight robbery... and not just that ...

The angry passenger he started to call the Ryan Air representative "D*ck Head" and Ryan Air worker replied with (in a foreign language) "No sir, it is you who is the dickhead and all of you !".

I just paid my 20 Euros and got out of their... but let this be a warning to you. Ryan Air suck and the purposely in my opnion create problems with their online systems so as to create problems at check in so that you are forced to cough up more dough.

Anyone know who I complain to ? Not Ryan Air ... I complained b4 and got a letter from them telling me to f-off.

did it give you an error message, or a reason, or just say "you cannot print your boarding card at this time".

Comment

I've got to print one out for my mother in a few days. Well, two actually, including the return leg. I expect I will need to supply her passport number or some-such, so a bit of messing about to come. I noticed on the website the other day that they are increasing their charge for more recently bought tickets too. And that they can refuse boarding if you don't comply exactly with all ze rules.

Is it possible to check-in on-line at the airport?

Comment

"You cannot print this boarding card at this time" was the error message, I tried it loads of times on friends / family's PCs at varying times on the run up to the departure date (24 hours/48 hours/ 3 days+ before ) in that foreign land and it just gave me the same message.

My thinking is that if you book a long holiday with Ryan Air (say 10 days+) it won't allow you to print out the boarding card for the return leg, neither in the native English Ryan Air web page or the foreign version of the Ryan Air web page.

Its just another scam, either Ryan Air pulled the plug on the server just before
        boarding cards could be printed or Ryan Air cannot get their English and foreign booking systems to communicate.

The funny thing is that usually when you go to the Ryan Air check in desk and you haven't printed out the boarding card they simply print out the boarding card for free provided that you present them with your booking code and passport. No longer the case so it seems.

strange.

Comment

sounds like another cheap way to make up their losses after introduction of loo charges....

Sorry if im bit naive as i never used Ryan Air apart from Stanstead to Glasgow route. But instead of printing directly from webpage, once you can see your boarding pass, cant you do "Select all" (Ctrl-A) on Webpage and paste it on any word processor (so it'll look similar to webpage ) and print it from there.

Comment

How much did you pay for the ticket (initial face value)?

Comment

If you can print the boarding pass, it's possible to edit the HTML to enable speedy boarding. This will help you feel a little bit better about flying with Ryan Air.

For that matter why are you flying Ryan Air? This is a contractors' board
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Cost me about 60 quid return including airport tax.

And no you could not 'bodge' the boarding pass by altering the HTML or doing a 'select all' the boarding pass has a bar code (usually).

Its another way in which Ryan Air takes in money and b4 you ask I attempted to check in 1 hour before the flight was due and they could not be a*rsed to print out my boarding pass at the check-in desk .. go figure.

Who do I complain to ? (I mean not Ryan Air)

Comment

The guy who runs Ryanair is not likely to give a monkey about your complaints - personally I think he enjoys such bad stories when they get out as it helps him avoid having to deal with people who'd complain, basically pre-emptive PR that allows him to get only customers who'd take anything.

Comment

Before you know it all the Ryan Air check in staff will be trained to speak only in Aramaic, and will charge £20 to translate into English
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X