• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having fun with psychotic neighbour…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having fun with psychotic neighbour…..

Moved into a detached house a few months ago, with side of my house bordering neighbours drive.

Neighbour now put up a gate, padlocked, and really fell out with me because I made them remove the post from my wall. They persevered and spent £400 on a floor mounted post. She still enjoys moving the gate noisily and banging it at random hours – does not bother me, more amusing to be honest.

Complained about cat crepeing on garden in the past, I offered wine for peacemaking, they declined. Not that they could identify it as my cat anyway….. (4 black and whites in the area)

Thursday after work I cleared the gutters – got a grunt as ok to do this. Gate locked, I asked her to open, she replied ‘You did not ask me to open the gate’, and only opened once I said ‘Please’. She pointed to the drain with 3 leaves from my tree and insisted I also cleared those as well, which I did with superb patronising grace……..

Yesterday I was outside at the same time, locked eyes with her and said ‘hello’, hoping she would soften. Replied with a hiss – ‘I told you not to talk to me’. Not that she has told me that before!

I am getting a barrel water pump feature this week, will be putting on the back garden border which should distract from some of her whining……..

Any more coping strategies very welcome!

Is there a reason why you have problems with the neighbours wherever you seem to move?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
      Is there a reason why you have problems with the neighbours wherever you seem to move?
      I am wondering that myself - all the other neighbours are all great people!

Mind you, neighbour has given GP opposite some questionable fatherhood gestures, and hubby from Wythenshawe, complete with jailbird brother......

All good fun though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        I am wondering that myself - all the other neighbours are all great people!

Mind you, neighbour has given GP opposite some questionable fatherhood gestures, and hubby from Wythenshawe, complete with jailbird brother......

All good fun though!
        You sure know how to live Wilslow!
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

One thing Ive learnt over the years is to always try and make peace and get on with neighbours. On the rare occasion you need them - they can be invaluable.

My neighbour where I currently live was banged up for 18 months last year for smuggling in Chinese Immigrants and making 1.4 million over 2 years. I saw him on Saturday - he clearly got released in like 8 months.

What is worse is that I didnt even knodw or suspect ANYTHING. Aside from the wife - who was chinese- have a few people over every now and then. Both got banged up - but they kept the wealth they got well hidden.

However - I Digress.

Comment

Don't go there ... try and make peace if you can ... as it can escalate ...

I started down that road with one of our neigbours after a bit of tit-for-tat, but then nipped it in the bud after watching one of those "neighbours from hell" programs!

Comment

Don't piss off your neighbours?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Go tell it to somebody who cares.

Comment

Get a life!

Comment

Just one clarification.

Which of you is the psychotic neighbour?

Comment

Working...
                    X