• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ell-homes.html

Record numbers of middle-class homeowners are trying desperately to sell and move to smaller properties.

As a 'white-collar recession' begins to bite deeply, new figures show a sharp jump in families looking for a quick sale on houses worth £500,000 or more.

Experts say the downturn is entering a new phase and even high earners face losing both their jobs and their homes.

'Owners of expensive properties are increasingly concerned about job security and are looking to downsize or reduce their debts.

'Many have already experienced sales falling through, often after several months, and are suffering from the further drop in prices.

'The biggest issue is that there are people out there who are very interested in buying but they are not able to get a realistic mortgage.'

So far, no one has been interested in taking my cash pile or dropping prices, so hopefully these ****ers are going to the wall soon.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So far, no one has been interested in taking my cash pile or dropping prices, so hopefully these ****ers are going to the wall soon.

I dont think you will have too long to wait now.

Comment

Yeah, but will the surge in demand from those downsizing to cheaper properties push up prices of lower priced property, in the short term? Before all sectors finally collapse and we go to the IMF and with death and disease to follow?

Comment

Working...
      X