• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Variable rate tracker mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable rate tracker mortgage

I belatedly phoned Barclays this morning to enquire as to wtf my variable rate tracker mortgage payments have been seemingly totally unaffected by all the huge base rate cuts. It turns out they have been keeping my monthly payments about the same by automatically increasing the capital I pay off each month. Who the flip can keep track of whether they are honest in this jiggery pokery is a mystery to me though.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I belatedly phoned Barclays this morning to enquire as to wtf my variable rate tracker mortgage payments have been seemingly totally unaffected by all the huge base rate cuts. It turns out they have been keeping my monthly payments about the same by automatically increasing the capital I pay off each month. Who the flip can keep track of whether they are honest in this jiggery pokery is a mystery to me though.
    NatWest have been doing exactly the same, though they did at least have the courtesy to write to me and let me know what they were up to!
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

same here with IF, but we are now paying more than double what we need to.

it's knocking lots of our mortgage though, so it's all good!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

You should receive a mortgage account statement every 12 months which will show all of your payments plus o/s balance in detail.

Comment

Working...
        X