• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate

Noticed in the local rag that the college are advertising for part time lecturers.

At £32/hr...

And that's with employer's NI paid...

Not baaaaaad.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Noticed in the local rag that the college are advertising for part time lecturers.

At £32/hr...

And that's with employer's NI paid...

Not baaaaaad.
    I could do that. Not sure what I'd lecture in but I'm sure with the current decline in academic standards a quick flick through the textbook the day before should cover most of the relevant points.

Comment

It is 32 quid an hour of contact time. You don't get paid for prep time so your first years lectures are 10 quid an hour at best.

If you get to teach the same thing next year then gravy.
      "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

Originally posted by bren586 View Post
        It is 32 quid an hour of contact time. You don't get paid for prep time so your first years lectures are 10 quid an hour at best.

If you get to teach the same thing next year then gravy.
        WHS.

It's amazing how much time preparation takes...

Subjects required are C++ and Software Engineering & something else that presently escapes me.

And you don't get paid for attending exam boards, marking the rubbish the esteemed customers produce or any of the rest of the crap.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 8 February 2017, 10:37. Reason: 12 years experience of the joy of all of this

Comment

I did some part time lecturing many years ago. Databases, spreadsheets and wordprocessing to 30+ 16 to 18 year old YTS ladies.

Which was more than nice.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I think it's spelt 'lechering' when you mean it in that sense.
            tl

Comment

Working...
            X