• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview tomorrow

For a permie gig
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    For a permie gig
    I know a couple of contractors who have gone permie. Until next year/recovery. One does what one has to do to survive.

You will hand in your username (and all your sockpuppets) on your way out wont you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I know a couple of contractors who have gone permie. Until next year/recovery. One does what one has to do to survive.

You will hand in your username (and all your sockpuppets) on your way out wont you?
      Sadly all remaining sockpuppets have been ferreted out (except one, and I can't remember its password!)

Really looking forward to the 120 mile daily commute if I get it
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sadly all remaining sockpuppets have been ferreted out (except one, and I can't remember its password!)

Similar to what I am doing right now...Im doing around 140 round trip.

But its a contract with a strong poss of going Perm if they agree to my demands.

Comment

Do I say Good Luck?
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Do I say Good Luck?
            Dunno.

The work looks quite interesting, and although it's not paying as much cash as my last contract it'll save the warchest from the kicking it's currently getting.

Ho-hum. It's better than the bench I guess
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

For a permie gig
              "You don't know the power of the dark side!"
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I hope you've got a diesel, I was doing the same distance and it was costing me £100 a week in petrol.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I hope you've got a diesel, I was doing the same distance and it was costing me £100 a week in petrol.
                  I have. It's a cheap nasty little supermini but it'll do 55mpg if you ask it nicely
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I have. It's a cheap nasty little supermini but it'll do 55mpg if you ask it nicely
                    Catch 22, when you're doing that sort of distance you want something that gives you confidence when overtaking and a bit of comfort to boot.

I was doing it in a Civic type-r, I'd arrive home with a bad back, near deaf and the tank needed filling every 2 days.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X