• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I must stop reading the BBC's "Have Your Say"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must stop reading the BBC's "Have Your Say"

I know that I shouldn't look at it.

I know that I will be incensed when I see the moronic ramblings of the general public. You lot are bad enough at the best of times but are no comparison to the people who post their comments on that site. They need to be shot and that is the end of it.

Yet, I couldn't stop myself just now dragging my mouse over the link and hitting the left-click button. This is what they are on about today:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20090415084851

Is there a Firefox add-in that I can download that will automatically block out any references to the "Have Your Say" part of the website.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 15 April 2009, 08:19. Reason: Typo

i am out of the work and i struggle to survive on the money the government say i can have so why should they be allowed extra to get there fix take there money off them and let them suffer

simon firth, leeds, United Kingdom
    I hope he's not applying for any roles that might involve written English
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

interesting reply from a highly intellectual individual..

"with relation to stopping alcoho lics benefits as one comment was made saying yes as if we give then money they will buy more drink i agree however what about all the drug addicts who get benefits and free medication how much doyou think this costs every year so if you stop benefits to alcoholics then stop it for drug abusers"

andrew kerr rennie paterson, birmingham
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

this guy would fit in here perfectly..

"With going on towards 7 billion people in the world I think it is right that we stop the funding of some of the more undesirable elements of society. It's a tough choice but there you go, either sort yourself out or die off. I'm not that bothered either way."

Mike, Manchester

Comment

I think Shooting is too extreme. This country needs cleaners and people to work in Macdonalds.

Why not just deny them the vote?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            I know that I shouldn't look at it.

I know that I will be incensed when I see the moronic ramblings of the general public. You lot are bad enough at the best of times but are no comparison to the people who post their comments on that site. They need to be shot and that is the end of it.

Yet, I couldn't stop myself just now dragging my mouse over the link and hitting the left-click button. This is what they are on about today:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20090415084851

Is there are Firefox add-in that I can download that will automatically block out any references to the "Have Your Say" part of the website.
            Thnaks for sharing - now you've got me reading it AAARRRGGHH

<Pogle runs off to gouge out her eyes with a blunt carrot>
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Thnaks for sharing - now you've got me reading it AAARRRGGHH

<Pogle runs off to gouge out her eyes with a blunt carrot>
              interesting choice of tool/weapon/vegetable