• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champions League on the radio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League on the radio

Does anybody know where I can get a radio braodcast of the Champions League, over the internet while working away from home. last night I tried to hook my sons laptop up to radio 5 for the Liverpool Chelsea game but it wouldn't work as it knew we were overseas.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get a radio braodcast of the Champions League, over the internet while working away from home. last night I tried to hook my sons laptop up to radio 5 for the Liverpool Chelsea game but it wouldn't work as it knew we were overseas.
    Daft question. Have you tried pointing your browser to a uk public proxy server and trying that way?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Have you tried using sopcast and streaming it?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Daft question. Have you tried pointing your browser to a uk public proxy server and trying that way?
        Even dafter question - how would I do that?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

buy a Slingbox and watch it live direct from your home..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            That isn't an option today as I'm in Geneva and not heading back until next weekend. Also it's for my son. The commentary is better on the radio that you get on the TV so he prefers that.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              On another point, how good does the web connection have to be at the remote end? I've no probs with hooking it up at home on my return, but I have no idea as to how much bandwidth I'd need to watch stuff remotely.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well you might get German TV in Geneva and if so then the ManU game is live on SAT-1 and both games are live on Premiere but that's digital and you'll have to find somewhere that has it (I don't think Switzerland does.)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  On another point, how good does the web connection have to be at the remote end? I've no probs with hooking it up at home on my return, but I have no idea as to how much bandwidth I'd need to watch stuff remotely.
                  from what I've found out if you can watch a youtube video without it stuttering then you should be able to watch slingbox, i suppose it depends on the quality/resolution that you wish to view the image.

I'll confirm this next week as I've just gone and bought a Media Center Extender and a Slingbox and will be setting it up this weekend.

It can't be that bandwidth intensive as you can also watch it on windows mobile phones with a 3G connection.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

myp2p

Comment

Working...
                    X