• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for men

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for men

How would you feel if your wife/partner/significant other, earned more than you?
    Would it dent your male pride?
    Or are you chilled enough to accept it?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

I'd love it
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      How would you feel if your wife/partner/significant other, earned more than you?
      She does earn more than me - I'm only on £7.5k a year...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sorry to say I'd hate it. I'm sure that's very wrong but at least I haven't got a hairy back as well.

Comment

If I had a significant other, then I would welcome it with open arms. However, in order to achieve equal opportunities, I would try and find a way to earn the same amount as she does.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

If gf chef earned equal to or more than me then I'd expect her to do as I do now and stump up minimum of half or otherwise more than half of whatever things cost.

If I was married and the OH earned significantly more than me and was happy for me to not work and enjoy life then i'd be living the dream..

why do you ask?
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Been there, done it, loved it. Though I hated how hard she had to work to get it (She worked in IB for a bank). She'd get more in her bonus than I'd get in my salary, all money in our pot anyway so what's not to like.

Doesn't do it any more, and I'm glad of that - regular 100 hour weeks for months on end aren't good for your health or relationship!
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

My wife is unfortunately not well enough to work full time. I'd rather she was no matter what she earned!
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

If she earned more than me it would be ace.

Comment

would I have to suck her stump three times a week ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X