• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobs figures add to strain on Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs figures add to strain on Brown

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...823433,00.html

"PRESSURE on Gordon Brown over the state of the economy intensified yesterday as unemployment rose for an eighth month in a row and the OECD said growth would drop to just 1.7 per cent this year. ",

Milan.

The UK people still prefer him as the next prime minister above any tories, by a factor of two to one. That was reported in the Torygraph over the weekend, so the chances are that he is even more popular than that.

That demonstrates two things: people's ignorance of the economy, and the tories' lack of substance and presentation.

Comment

Whether they prefer him as next prime minister in a few years time is another question, certainly if he starts raising taxes or the economy takes a nose-dive.

As for people's ignorance of the economy, its as much a case of NL and Gordon having done their usual wonderful job of spinning everything in a way too many people are happy to believe.

Comment

I think it is highly unlikely that Gordon will be the next PM. As they they a week is a long time in politics let alone 3 years.
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Can't you all elect 2 Jags?

threaded in "You've elected Blair twice, so I was struggling for something more stupid." mode
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Can't you all elect 2 Jags?

threaded in "You've elected Blair twice, so I was struggling for something more stupid." mode
            You've lost count, it is three times now. You've given me a good laugh though - Two Jags as prime minister!

It doesn't matter actually, because New Labour Special Advisors run the government, not the prime minister. He is told what his new ideas will be.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              The UK people still prefer him as the next prime minister above any tories, by a factor of two to one. That was reported in the Torygraph over the weekend, so the chances are that he is even more popular than that.

That demonstrates two things: people's ignorance of the economy, and the tories' lack of substance and presentation.
              You mean they don't understand the options are, Boom and Bust or Bust and Boom?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Actually it's the Giant Alien Lizards...
                Oh, I thought Giant Alien Lizards had brains.

Comment

Working...
                X