• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for women

How would you feel if your husband/partner/significant other, earned less than you?
    Are you comfortable with a man who is not the big earner?
    Would you expect to contribute more than he does?

Originally posted by expat View Post
    How would you feel if your husband/partner/significant other, earned less than you?
    Well maybe not this year as I am still sitting on the bench. What does it matter? Expenses are split down the middle and I provide the addition things like Holidays, Home Improvements etc - something we would have never been able to do if I had not been a contractor.

As a note - Hubby has to be be extreamly supportive in looking after kids etc to enable me to do this. Does he mind - not a bit.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

OK
      Yes
      Yes, as long as he doesn't expect a luxury lifestyle
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'm constantly trying to get my OH to be a stay at home hubby - I'd love that.

And to be honest, I need the support at home - I can't do this job AND run a house, and do shopping, and cook tea every night etc etc, but he refuses constantly - probably incase I can't find a gig one day and we're both left out in the cold.

I believe 100% in people having their own money though, as it brings independance...so I'd be happy with me taking £3k out the company account each month, giving me a grand, him a grand and putting a grand in the joint account.

I can see us having this arranagement one day...or possibly the other way round (he's a contractor too). We say that in the future we'll take turns in working...but I dont know how that will actually pan out. There's always more work for me than there is him...

Anyway - in summary...I couldn't give a t*ss who earns what. I'd just like our family unit to have cash and both of us to be happy.
        My hubby already holds my respect - he was my boss when we first met, and I will always see him through those eyes, even if he's up to his eyes in baby sh*te while I'm prancing out the door in my Prada suit!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It was the case before we split and it didn't bother me particularly. I think it bothered him though.

I am comfortable as long as he is.

Yes, if I have a 'partner' that's how it should be surely?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I'm constantly trying to get my OH to be a stay at home hubby - I'd love that.

And to be honest, I need the support at home - I can't do this job AND run a house, and do shopping, and cook tea every night etc etc, but he refuses constantly - probably incase I can't find a gig one day and we're both left out in the cold.

I believe 100% in people having their own money though, as it brings independance...so I'd be happy with me taking £3k out the company account each month, giving me a grand, him a grand and putting a grand in the joint account.

I can see us having this arranagement one day...or possibly the other way round (he's a contractor too). We say that in the future we'll take turns in working...but I dont know how that will actually pan out. There's always more work for me than there is him...

Anyway - in summary...I couldn't give a t*ss who earns what. I'd just like our family unit to have cash and both of us to be happy.
            My hubby already holds my respect - he was my boss when we first met, and I will always see him through those eyes, even if he's up to his eyes in baby sh*te while I'm prancing out the door in my Prada suit!

Spot on, if you're a team then that's how it should be!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

This is the case for me and my partner doesn't mind. I don't think it matters as long as you don't try rubbing their nose in it

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Spot on, if you're a team then that's how it should be!
                That's right!

Now hurry up and iron my shirt
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  That's right!

Now hurry up and iron my shirt
                  Anything but ironing!
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Anything but ironing!
                    Anything ?????
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                    X