• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry Cleaning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Cleaning

Hi,

As I work away through the week and have no access to a washing machine, can I claim my dry cleaning bills for shirts etc
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

If you wear a uniform as is required by your role..probably not if you wear normal clothes.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Your company or Ltd Co should be giving you and incidentals allowance of £5 per night (£10 for overseas) to cover personal incidental expenses such as dry cleaning. I don't think receipts are required for this one but I could be wrong.

Comment

You could buy more than one shirt?

Comment

I need a suit for interviews so put through all my dry cleaning bills. Never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I need a suit for interviews so put through all my dry cleaning bills. Never had a problem.
            Never had a full investigation though by the sound of it

Some inspectors will allow it, some won't but they would be perfectly within their rights to refuse it.

Of course some employers will reimburse (especially HMG for MP's and the BBC for Alan Yentob) but that doesn't mean it is necessarily allowable.

Comment

Working...
            X