• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiscali (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiscali (again)

Sorry about that, I just needed to let off some steam after trying to deal with their "customer service".

I ended up with them after they took over the ISP that I was using and to be fair to them I never had any issues with the service provided. Trying to deal with their customer service has been a different matter.

I cancelled the service with effect of 15th December 2008.

They have cancelled the phone, they have cancelled the broadband, they have cancelled the TV Service.

I have cancelled the Direct Debit.

But they are still trying to charge me £5.88 a month for one TV add-on service that they managed to miss when cancelling everything else.

I tried to call them a month or so ago when the last bill arrived, I ended up being cut off.

The person (eastern European) that I spoke to today was sympathetic but tried to give me the number of the cancellations department and told me I should phone them instead (the cancellation department were not a lot of fun to deal with when I tried to cancel the service originally).

I am not going to bother. I have tried to put them straight but they make it too difficult.

I am not in the UK any more and they don't know where I am.

**** 'em.

Comment

My sympathies they are pants aren't they?

When I told them I was not happy that my outage was not recorded on the online status page after a supposed nationwide network outage - they simply said I should find another provider!

Fine except I'm in contract until July
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

There's a reason their nickname is "Tosscali"....

Comment

If you do nothing they might lob a court order at you.

Send them a registered letter (not recorded) pointing out the problem. No diatribes or sweary language, something you could present to a court. If it does come to court, that's your defence.

It might not hurt to add that you will start charging them an "administrative fee" for further correspondence. 30 quid a time seems reasonable
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My ISP is ADSL24, no contract, pay monthly.

Comment

I use Zen and can recommend them most heartily. Never had a problem talking technical with them - they know what they are doing and I get the impression they value their customers.

Not the cheapest, but I guess you get what you pay for.

And yes - I was with Tosscali before Zen. Big mistake.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                If you do nothing they might lob a court order at you.

Send them a registered letter (not recorded) pointing out the problem. No diatribes or sweary language, something you could present to a court. If it does come to court, that's your defence.

It might not hurt to add that you will start charging them an "administrative fee" for further correspondence. 30 quid a time seems reasonable
                Looking at the very worst case scenario, they will end up taking a court order against me.

I am not in the UK any more so it is unlikely that I would receive the notice and be able to return the defence in the 14 day period in any event.

I don't intend to return to the UK but I would never completely rule that out (which is why I have paid all my taxes*, much to Mrs Gonzo's horror - it was a lot of money ) so wouldn't want an outstanding county court judgement against me.

Then again, Tiscali have never spelt my name correctly in the first place so I think "Why put yourself through this hassle?".

It is not as though I haven't tried. It costs $5 for each phone call I try and make to them and the calls I have made so far have not managed to resolve this.

EDIT - I meant to add, we have known that their future hangs in the balance for a few months now, but today it has been reported that the auditors are refusing to sign-off last year's accounts.
                http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...is-future.html (SFW)

Last thing that I would want is a Liquidator chasing me for the £17 that they think I owe them.

*Ltd Co outside IR35 but that is not a debate for this thread.
                Last edited by Gonzo; 15 April 2009, 22:29.

Comment

Working...
                X