• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portfolio Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portfolio Management

Has anyone ever worked within an organisation with a very mature capability in IT Portfolio Management (as opposed to Programme and Project Management)? I have been asked to implement Portfolio Management by my client and as such any useful anecdotes will be appreciated.

Chico in "day jobe" mode
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Originally posted by Chico
    Has anyone ever worked within an organisation with a very mature capability in IT Portfolio Management (as opposed to Programme and Project Management)? I have been asked to implement Portfolio Management by my client and as such any useful anecdotes will be appreciated.

Chico in "day jobe" mode
    What's your definition of Portfolio Management? According to a few disciplines, portfolio management is the activity of coordinating several programme management activities. Others have an other definition. What's yours?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

feck me Franco, you don't know much !

no wonder your a permy

Portfolio management is already on the Benes cv

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        feck me Franco, you don't know much !

no wonder your a permy

Milan.
        I havent the foggiest what it means, but it does sound impressive so I have appended it to my cv accordingly.

AJ Pruffock Portfolio Management Consultant currently available for appointments at 780 Guineas per day
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 October 2005, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          I havent the foggirest what it means, but it does sound impressive so I have appended it to my cv accordingly.
          Apparently we do it here too, so now it's in my CV as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            What's your definition of Portfolio Management? According to a few disciplines, portfolio management is the activity of coordinating several programme management activities. Others have an other definition. What's yours?
            Francko that’s the description I am using " the coordiantion of several business programmes in an organisation." I am particularly interested in governance.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, as someone posted earlier, it really depends on the definition of 'portfolio management'. As far as I'm aware, there is no brand methodology for it.

Personally, I would approach the governance structure in the same way as programme management, altough without the strong emphasis on benefits management, as that would be forcing the issue too much.

Now, the question I would immediately ask is how to arrange the project/programme board. One or should each have its own?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                A the Guinea...

The posh way of saying 21bob.
                Aye ZG

Shoorlay I am not alone in this board in stipulating my daily rates in Guineas ?

Then again perhaps that explains why I have been seeking my first contractual assignment since 1969 ....hmm, perhaps time to get with it, as they say nowadays ... with any luck I should soon have my nose in the contracting trough, just like my friends below.

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 October 2005, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Milan.
                  Just as your .net after turning page 3 on "Teach yourself IIS". Useless cowboy contractors.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What is Portfolio management

Originally posted by Chico

Chico in "day jobe" mode
                    Try this.

http://www.ogc.gov.uk/sdtoolkit/seni...liomanagement/

Comment

Working...
                    X