• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying more Gold?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying more Gold?

Is now a good time to buy some more Gold?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7999975.stm

The pound has risen above $1.50, its highest level against the dollar since mid-January, as a UK housing market survey raised hopes of a recovery.

Gold is priced in $$$ so a strong pound now might be a good buy signal?

Thoughts?

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...data/gold.aspx

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thoughts?
    Yes.
    If you are such a genius millionaire why are you asking advice from this forum?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm considering walking round to my local to buy a mars bar..discuss.
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Is now a good time to buy some more Gold?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7999975.stm

The pound has risen above $1.50, its highest level against the dollar since mid-January, as a UK housing market survey raised hopes of a recovery.

Gold is priced in $$$ so a strong pound now might be a good buy signal?

Thoughts?

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...data/gold.aspx
        Aren't we expecting the collapse of the dollar soon? Gold would be immune to a dollar collapse so, in theory yes.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes.
          Actually I'm giving you tips and making look like I'm asking advice.

Comment

Sterling should rise to appox 1.20-1.25 against the Euro by Mid-May.

Good time to hold Sterling and Norwegian Korna and release poorly performing cuirrencys such as Euro, Swiss Franc..

Grey Slates Remain - Grey Slates.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 April 2009, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

Grey Slates Remain - Grey Slates.
              On the roof.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

gold has dipped below the 880 mark in recent days, and is trying hard to break the 900 mark (its reached 899 so far today) the weaker the $ the better for the gold price....there are still people that think it will break through the $1000 mark this year. We nearly had that happen a few weeks ago when the fed said they were going to print more $$$....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Actually I'm giving you tips and making look like I'm asking advice.
                  Tip - if you are giving tip to guru then don't tell him to have a drink on you: he'd quaff a ten grand bottle of wine and get back to you cover the difference. He lives down sarf after all.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Yes.
                    ...what odds will you give us that our resident fraud will be here soon telling us how he knew this was going to happen today, and has made a killing as a result?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X