• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the interests of fairness songs of praise should be replaced by

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the interests of fairness songs of praise should be replaced by

isn't it a little unfair that in Britain's multicultural society the
    Sunday evenings are given to one faith via Songs of Praise

surely, this should be replaced by something more representative of the
    multi faith society ?

Milan.

MB - I think you've taken your eye off the ball old boy.

Shouldn't you be droning on about the recession and how poor we're all going to be.

Comment

Eh?

If you do live in Deutchland, why are you watching UK TV? If you are, surely you can find soemthing a little bit more entertaining than songs of praise?
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

What size dish do you need to get BBC1 in Germany?

Comment

In Denmark the dish required is about 60 cm. I actually use a much bigger one, but there again I can also get Malaysian TV. Don't know why they'd be transmitting Malay TV onto that footprint, but hey it ain't my satellite.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hey milan... do not mess with Songs of Praise!!! It is one of the last Christian broadcasts on primetime mainstream channels.ITV no longer do religious broadcasting and the only serious religious broadcasts are always based on the so called Christian right in the US and how they plan to to take over the world (blah blah blah). Do not mess with Songs of Praise!!!
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Scanned channels into my free to air digital receiver last week.

Now have a fine selection of channels aimed at asian & middle eastern people of varying beliefs.

None of which are of interest to me.

And that's on Astra at 28E.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                the only serious religious broadcasts are always based on the so called Christian right in the US and how they plan to to take over the world
                I'm surprised you aren't fully in support of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  Hey milan... do not mess with Songs of Praise!!! It is one of the last Christian broadcasts on primetime mainstream channels.ITV no longer do religious broadcasting and the only serious religious broadcasts are always based on the so called Christian right in the US and how they plan to to take over the world (blah blah blah). Do not mess with Songs of Praise!!!
                  Songs of Praise is too happy-clappy for my taste.

How about Choral Evensong on Radio 3 (on Wednesdays at 4:00pm I think)?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well some Songs of Praise episodes work though-e.g. the Hillsong one a few weeks ago in the fun fair. I know it is a broad church and needs to take into account different styles etc but it should be more vibrant and relevant to the youth and young families who are currently disenfranchised.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X