• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough - 20 years on

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillsborough - 20 years on

Can't they just let it lie now?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Can't they just let it lie now?
    Would you be able to let it lie if you had been robbed of a child's, friends life, and as a result the whole thing was hushed up ?

Its an open forum and you are entitled to your views, but you are way off beat if IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Would you be able to let it lie if you had been robbed of a child's, friends life, and as a result the whole thing was hushed up ?

Its an open forum and you are entitled to your views, but you are way off beat if IMHO.

I'm not sure he is offbeat at all. It's a long time ago and while I have enormous sympathy with the deceased's relatives, frankly the raking-up of underlying issues is boring me now. Lessons have been learned and any further enquiry will simply be another total waste of money and prolong the agony further. Time is a healer.

Comment

I think they are right to continue their fight.

Passions run deep on Merseyside. Alot of Scoucers dont read the sun due to their coverage. Alas they read the mirror instead......

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          I'm not sure he is offbeat at all. It's a long time ago and while I have enormous sympathy with the deceased's relatives, frankly the raking-up of underlying issues is boring me now. Lessons have been learned and any further enquiry will simply be another total waste of money and prolong the agony further. Time is a healer.
          Indeed.

Why bother with any of these kind of things. Rememberance day - pah. Why bother. And FFS are we going to get a documentary every Sep 11th. I mean, FFS what is the point?

I dunno, maybe 96 peoples relatives don't feel like some of the people responsible for this took any responsibility and escaped any kind of punishment ... ???
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

So with that approach lets not have a remembrance day.

Lessons haven't been learned, why are people still asking for standing area's ?
            Why weren't ambulances allowed on the pitch ?
            Why was the cut off at 3.15 and no evidence allowed after that time ?

Yes people have to move on, yes we need to remember and I'm sure it bores some people but if you don't want to watch/read/hear about it then switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Indeed.

Why bother with any of these kind of things. Rememberance day - pah. Why bother. And FFS are we going to get a documentary every Sep 11th. I mean, FFS what is the point?

I dunno, maybe 96 peoples relatives don't feel like some of the people responsible for this took any responsibility and escaped any kind of punishment ... ???

I've no problem with them having a memorial service, but to keep calling for further enquiries is ridiculous. There were many people responsible for this disaster and Liverpool fans also have to share that responsibility albeit to a lesser degree than the inept authorities. Let's move on.

Comment

There were many people responsible for this disaster and Liverpool fans also have to share that responsibility albeit to a lesser degree than the inept authorities.
                You just opened a massive can of worms CB.

Why do Liverpool fans have to share responsibility exactly?
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  So with that approach lets not have a remembrance day.

Lessons haven't been learned, why are people still asking for standing area's ?
                  Why weren't ambulances allowed on the pitch ?
                  Why was the cut off at 3.15 and no evidence allowed after that time ?

Yes people have to move on, yes we need to remember and I'm sure it bores some people but if you don't want to watch/read/hear about it then switch off.

Standing areas were not the reason for people dying. The fencing off of areas that did not allow fans to escape was the major reason coupled with the police allowing thousands of people in without tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    You just opened a massive can of worms CB.

Why do Liverpool fans have to share responsibility exactly?

... because thousands turned up without tickets and tried to force their way into the ground, aided by the police.

Comment

Working...
                    X