• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man bites snake in epic tussle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man bites snake in epic tussle

Nice one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7999909.stm
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The police officer said they took the snake to a sanctuary in Malindi town but it escaped overnight, probably from a gap under the door in the room where it was kept.
    Genius.

Comment

""We are still seriously looking for the snake," said Supt Katam. "We want to arrest the snake because any one of us could fall a victim."

For some reason this had me in stitches - tea/screen moment

That and the image I have of this bloke and a snake fighting in a tree.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The police officer said they took the snake to a sanctuary in Malindi town but it escaped overnight, probably from a gap under the door in the room where it was kept.
        I see that Group 4 have been expanding its operations internationally.

Comment

I fail to see whats funny here.
          Where is the humour in a poor tribesman being pulled up into a tree and having to bite the snake and having to put a tesco bag over its head in order to escape ?
          The failure of the police to arrest this reptile will only harm the reputation of the authorities in that part of the world.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm sure there was a C64 game where you had to swing from tree to tree through the jungle, and run and jump to avoid snake tails hanging from the trees, lest they grab you and make you lose a life.

Can't remember what the game was called, but I suspect there was some sort of replay going on here in the article.

Which just goes to prove that video games are terribly dangerous and influential to certain sections of the community (and the jungle, obviously)
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
            X