• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is Sterling going to drop again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Sterling going to drop again?

Just got my final invoice paid in Euro...managed a big transfer at New Year at 1.03 to the Euro, then last month at 1.08 ...today it looks like 1.14 is the flavour of the day.

Is the pound going to slide back against the Euro in the next few months?

Ta for your insightful accurate predictions

I think pound will medium term strengthen relatively : as all the other currencies weaken.

But I always get these things wrong.

Comment

Hard to say exactly as you'd have to know how much the ECB will lower it's interest rates. How much more money the BoE will print. How bad the relative news in both economies will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I think pound will medium term strengthen relatively : as all the other currencies weaken.

But I always get these things wrong.
        I think you're right - but only in regards to the Euro (and possibly the dollar). I still see major problems for the Eurozone in the months ahead. Sooner or later the big boys are going to start getting royally hacked off with having to stump up for the minnows.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

1053 posts????????? Flippin 'eck, when did that happen??
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Just got my final invoice paid in Euro...managed a big transfer at New Year at 1.03 to the Euro, then last month at 1.08 ...today it looks like 1.14 is the flavour of the day.

Is the pound going to slide back against the Euro in the next few months?

Ta for your insightful accurate predictions
            This isn't just a recession, it's more like the fall of the Roman Empire.

Gold will turn on April 19.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The pound will weaken in the future as the economic situation worsens and Labour fail to make the necessary spending cuts. We are in a bear rally at the moment and this will definitely not last.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                I think you're right - but only in regards to the Euro (and possibly the dollar). I still see major problems for the Eurozone in the months ahead. Sooner or later the big boys are going to start getting royally hacked off with having to stump up for the minnows.
                As a Belgian resident its a contest between UK flexiblity and continental ridgit social engineering. Which economy will recover first?
                Expecting employers to continue paying high social charges in France and Belgium in the long term seems risky.
                Example When M&S left Belgium a few years ago the unions created quite a political stir. I am not expecting them to reinvest.
                You have to accept good times and bad times which you guys back in the UK accept. The continental guys love you when you invest in the good times but hate you when times are bad and you leave. Most Investors don't return .
                I am not expecting €1.40 to £1.00 but maybe €1.25 in the medium term.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
                  Hard to say exactly as you'd have to know how much the ECB will lower it's interest rates. How much more money the BoE will print. How bad the relative news in both economies will be.
                  Indeed. I was thinking of USD and EUR.

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  1053 posts????????? Flippin 'eck, when did that happen??
                  Novice.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Novice.....
                    I bow to thee my master

Last time I noticed it was 180-odd. Amazing how quickly the number goes up when you keep posting complete and under tripe isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X