• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir35

I guess this is old news but it was news to me:

http://http://www.thissiteisnotworth...-IR35~677.html

Goodbye IR35?
    US

01/04/2009

MPs of all parties are being invited to sign a Parliamentary petition condemning IR35 and calling on the Government to abolish it as soon as possible.

Started by Lib Dem MP Lorely Burt on March 18, the petition takes the form on an Early Day Motion. It states:

"That this House notes with concern the 10 year anniversary of the Government's implementation of IR35; further notes that the 1.4 million freelancers in the United Kingdom face a perpetual threat of a costly and distressing HM Revenue and Customs investigation under IR35; further notes that IR35 obliges freelancers to spend time and money assessing their status as best they can, with contract reviews, tax investigation insurances and negotiations with clients and agencies, and that this effort would be better spent generating wealth for the UK economy; highlights concerns expressed by the Professional Contractors Group (PCG) that 1,462 of the 1,468 cases known to PCG have resulted in no extra tax being owed; further notes that there is no evidence that IR35 is raising any money for the Exchequer; and calls on the Treasury, in light of the current economic difficulties, to remove unnecessary barriers to enterprise and to abolish IR35 at the earliest opportunity."

I can absolutely assure everyone here that if you vote Labour I will personally review the legislation known as IR35 and adjust it accordingly.

Can't say fairer than that.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
      I can absolutely assure everyone here that if you vote Labour I will personally review the legislation known as IR35 and adjust it accordingly.

Can't say fairer than that.
      .... and then I woke up
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
      X