• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football and economics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football and economics

It seems like being good at football somehow exercise a sort of economic doom. Now that the english teams are the best in the world your economy appears to be in a very bad shape.

When Real Madrid was strong, the spanish economy was bad and viceversa. Same with german teams who have always been not that good but the german economy was the leader in Europe. Same for Italy and other countries really.

Can we trace any possible relation between football and economics?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    It seems like being good at football somehow exercise a sort of economic doom. Now that the english teams are the best in the world your economy appears to be in a very bad shape.

When Real Madrid was strong, the spanish economy was bad and viceversa. Same with german teams who have always been not that good but the german economy was the leader in Europe. Same for Italy and other countries really.

Can we trace any possible relation between football and economics?
    No. Next.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Portugal manages to be crap at both.

Comment

No, English teams have been dominant for quite a few years even when our economy appeared to be good.

Is the 'Roma Coma' over yet?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The only link I can figure is that teams that buy the stars beyond their means tend to go bust!

Not likely to happen to my team (Stockport County) any time soon
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
          X