• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to get BBC radio in Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get BBC radio in Europe?

Hi,

Can some of you expats tell me how to get BBC radio stations on the continent please?

The in-laws have moved to Southern Spain and are missing BBC stations 2-5.

Can you get them using a Digital Radio (DAB)?

Thanks

t'internet...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Here
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by handsfree
        Hi,

Can some of you expats tell me how to get BBC radio stations on the continent please?

The in-laws have moved to Southern Spain and are missing BBC stations 2-5.

Can you get them using a Digital Radio (DAB)?

Thanks

Missing BBC2 - 5!!!!! Why move to Spain sad git's

Comment

Hi,

They are broadcast on Sky.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Thanks

I should have qualified the question by saying internet isn't really an option, because the mother-in-law and her mother want something they can listen to in their bedrooms or out in the garden. Something portable.

Am I right in thinking one of these little World Radio's would only pick up BBC World Service and maybe Radio 4 LW?

Would a digital radio enable them to get the lot?

Cheers

Comment

Q: Am I right in thinking one of these little World Radio's would only pick up BBC World Service and maybe Radio 4 LW?
              A: Yes.

Q: Would a digital radio enable them to get the lot?
              A: No.

Internet or Sky is the only realistic option. Possibly a local cable/satellite company carries them. Perhaps you could record every day's transmission of Radio 2 onto a disk for them and post it to them. Then they can get the true ex-pat experience with all the news a few days old.
              Last edited by Lucifer Box; 17 October 2005, 13:17.

Comment

Would a digital radio enable them to get the lot?

Cheers
                I doubt it - I have heard that DAB signals are weaker than FM, so they would have to broadcast locally.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  I doubt it - I have heard that DAB signals are weaker than FM, so they would have to broadcast locally.
                  I like your avatar Mordac and the fact that you don't feel ashamed of that those days.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

The Glory days will return Franco, have no fear of that. They never really went away, we're just lulling Chel$ki into a false sense of security...

Comment

Working...
                    X