• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bread Makers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread Makers

Anyone got one? Are they any good? Any recommendations?

(For the pendantic amongst us, I'm referring to bread making machines, not do you own a bakery / keep a baker locked in the cupboard)
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
    Anyone got one? Are they any good? Any recommendations?

(For the pendantic amongst us, I'm referring to bread making machines, not do you own a bakery / keep a baker locked in the cupboard)
    I'm just eating some sandwiches made on granary bread fresh from our breadmaker this morning. We use ours almost every day, and they're pretty versatile - good for cakes too.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

We bought one a while ago and it's been used twice. It now lives in the cupboard under the stairs along with all the other junk we bought but never used.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        We bought one a while ago and it's been used twice. It now lives in the cupboard under the stairs along with all the other junk we bought but never used.
        That's what I'm thinking Tony....if I buy one will it go the same way....?!
        Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          I'm just eating some sandwiches made on granary bread fresh from our breadmaker this morning. We use ours almost every day, and they're pretty versatile - good for cakes too.
          What kind is it VF? I want one too but have no idea what to be looking for.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The problem I had with them is the bread was ok but

1 - you can buy bread cheaply from Tesco
            2 - it's a pain in the @rse measuring things out.

Ours had a timer on it so you could get it to cook your bread in the night so that it was ready for when you got up. That's what got me to buy it but I never used it.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Had one for 7 yrs that has just broken down averaging a loaf every 2 days. Missus M religiously uses it to make bread for the offspring and has it down to a fine art now. I really notice how stodgy, salty and flipping expensive sliced white bread from the shops is now.
              Last edited by moorfield; 16 April 2009, 11:49.

Comment

No need for that with a little trial + error. Missus M doesn't even bother with the salt + milk now - just oil + water and it still comes out fine.

Comment

We had one and used it regularly. We used flour which had the yeast included, and it made great bread. But we can't get that any more, and can't be bothered, since our local supermarket started stocking reasonably priced stuff.

btw - with the timer, results were never as good.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    What kind is it VF? I want one too but have no idea what to be looking for.
                    Think it might be a Morphy Richards? I'll check tonight. With the number of mouths we have to feed we went for the one that made the largest loaf size.

After a while this becomes second nature and you can just guestimate.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X