• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are they like???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are they like???

What are these pimps like. Applied for a vacancy last week. Get a call from the pimp explaining some of the job and they will be in contact soon. Thats all fair enough. Look on the web today the vacancy has been re-posted and I stress it has been posted today. So I send an email and get an out of office email reply, stating that they were out since yesterday until next week. Cant complain about the tactics but it's not on.
    Last edited by Slumdog; 16 April 2009, 13:29.

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    What are these pimps like. Applied for a vacancy last week. Get a call from the pimp explaining some of the job and they will be in contact soon. Thats all fair enough. Look on the web today the vacancy has been re-posted and I stress it has been posted today. So I send an email and get an out of office email reply, stating that they were out since yesterday until next week. Cant complain about the tactics but it's not on.
    It's perfectly normal and it fits into several scenarios:-
    1. Your CV was rejected by client, Agent won't waste time talking to you now. The same scenario applies if the Agent didn't short list your CV to go to client. Any emails will be ignored and the agent will be in meetings or on the phone if you call.
    2. It's a vapourware role and the Agent is trawling for CV's to try and fish those respondents for "references"
    3. The role has had its rate lowered dramatically so the Agent is looking for fresh cheap meat
    4. Reposted due to the Agent being an utter moron
    5. Agent desperate to appear busy to his Sales Manager so has shoved a fake role up to get emails and calls pouring in
    Any or all of the above could easily apply, with a tiny number of exceptions Agents don't understand the word Integrity.

Comment

Any or all of the above could easily apply, with a tiny number of exceptions Agents don't understand the word Integrity.
      Completely agree. The tulips.
      Their time will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
        Completely agree. The tulips.
        Their time will come.
        Already has, for some:

biggest recruitment firm lays off 250 workers

It's getting to the point where we're all going to be begging off the dole.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Am I the only one who finds the idea of recruitment consultants having to find themselves a job - perhaps even going through other agencies - a total laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
            Am I the only one who finds the idea of recruitment consultants having to find themselves a job - perhaps even going through other agencies - a total laugh!

Especially when they get asked for two references!
            Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Time to set some the locals at the jobcentre onto them i think.

Comment

Working...
              X