• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ants

I went into the kitchen, and found a load of ants wandering around on the work surface between the wash basin and the oven. Weird, because the door and window were closed. The other thing was they just wandered in circles (thank goodness) so I could easily brutally bash them to death.

Where the f*** did they come from??

What was also weird was they weren't there when I came in and something to eat, but one hour later they were busy tidying up and carrying all the crumbs away.
    I'm alright Jack

This might explain

http://armorgames.com/play/522/antbuster

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The thing with ants is - they are very small and can get in through tiny cracks in walls floors etc. We have a colony that live in the outside wall of our kitchen.
      If they're outside I live and let live, if they come in the house I fire lethal stuff at them. They don’t come in anymore and we live a peaceful coexistence.

For amusement my daughter piles crumbs up outside and watches them come along and remove it all - It is quite fascinating to watch
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

perhaps I should have just let them tidy up.

I suppose they would have just disappeared and left a clean Kitchen.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Leave them a mop and a feather duster.

Comment

If they're pharaoh's ants I'd call in a pest controller to get rid of them.

They can be unhygienic, because they'll eat practically anything, and over time will munch through brickwork and damage your property.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              If they're outside I live and let live, if they come in the house I fire lethal stuff at them. They don’t come in anymore and we live a peaceful coexistence.
              They don't come in anymore because they are dead?

Comment

Think yourself lucky. I had slugs until recently and apparently that is quite common.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  http://armorgames.com/play/522/antbuster
                  That was fun !

Comment

Just found about 40 of them in my kitchen cupboards, been fighting the ant insurgency in the house for a couple of years, when they first started to appear on the floor I would put down a spray of raid every week. Then they appeared on the kitchen surfaces so I would raid the edges of that, now they are obviously in behind the plasterboard and coming out into the cupboards. Been laying ant traps as well but they are just not interested in them.

When my Polish cleaners come round I am going to put on a stormtrooper's outfit and warn them what will happpen if they don't clean the kitchen better.

Comment

Working...
                    X