• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not that desperate yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not that desperate yet

Agent just phoned; will I return to ClientCo? Turns out they need someone with my skills and they did just a bit too much cost cutting. However, rate would be 50 euros. I started there on 75, took a rate cut to 62 at the end of last year as all contractors were ordered to do, now they want me to come back after 3 weeks on a rather sunny bench in my garden at an even lower rate.

This, while they recieve a juicy great state subsidy to prevent them going bust AND while they've pissed away a chunk of my pension savings on their creditty-derivativey-obligationary-crunchies bars.

F&*king banking parasites; I told them to shove it. I'd rather live under a bridge than lower myself to their standards.

Anyway, I gave someone a personal training session yesterday for more than 50 euros, so plan B is rapidly becoming plan A.

Rant over.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Well it's easy. Tell them you left, and will not come back for less than €60-65
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Well it's easy. Tell them you left, and will not come back for less than €60-65
      €160-165 €260-265 + a private jet

I just ain't going back.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Agent just phoned; will I return to ClientCo? Turns out they need someone with my skills and they did just a bit too much cost cutting. However, rate would be 50 euros. I started there on 75, took a rate cut to 62 at the end of last year as all contractors were ordered to do, now they want me to come back after 3 weeks on a rather sunny bench in my garden at an even lower rate.

This, while they recieve a juicy great state subsidy to prevent them going bust AND while they've pissed away a chunk of my pension savings on their creditty-derivativey-obligationary-crunchies bars.

F&*king banking parasites; I told them to shove it. I'd rather live under a bridge than lower myself to their standards.

Anyway, I gave someone a personal training session yesterday for more than 50 euros, so plan B is rapidly becoming plan A.

Rant over.
        Well done. I think I'll try their approach next time I go to tesco. I'll load up my trolley and when then offer to pay 80% of the bill at the checkout as that's what I think it's worth in the current economic climate.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X