• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo ID on Ryan Air

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo ID on Ryan Air

Hi,

Im going to London from Glasgow for next weekend and planning for Ryan Air. My passport is at my home in London but I got my driving license.

Im just wondering, is that enough for a Photo ID?

I don't think a driving license will work. It has to be a passport or some sort of EU identity card.

I think their website explains tha valid forms of ID.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

with a wave of my magic google wand

Ryan Air website > Travel Questions > What Photo ID do I need?

for the even more lazy person

"A valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID for travel on domestic flights. (Please note that driving licences are not accepted when passengers are using online check-in)FROM THE 1ST OCTOBER 2009 ONWARDS DRIVING LICENCES WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTABLE PHOTO-ID ON RYANAIR FLIGHTS. "

..bend over and i'll wipe your arse for you aswell if you ask nicely
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....&quest=photoid

Too slow again...

Dammit chef with your lightning typing skills
        Last edited by Pondlife; 17 April 2009, 10:44. Reason: slooowness

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Ahh, yes, you can use your driving license, but if you do, you can't check in online, which means you have to pay extra to check in at the airport...
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
            Ahh, yes, you can use your driving license, but if you do, you can't check in online, which means you have to pay extra to check in at the airport...
            Ohh thanks , i also just checked Terms and Conditions.

Im thinking for Online Checkin but I wont have Passport for first part of my journey (i'll have it on my way back).

I personally prefer easyjet on ryan air but ryanair is costing £46 as comapre to easyjet's £90ish (and good flight timings).

Now tricky bit, SHALL I TAKE A GAMBLE with Ryan Air, by online check in and turning up with just photo id and try to avoid paying £20.

I know it looks weird but its ridiculous to paying for no reason....

Comment

Ryanair

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
              Aaah painfully predictable that Ryanair would exploit any situation for cash
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Phhhhharp! Urgh that was wet and lumpy!

Scuze me Mr Chef could you please just pop over here..........

Comment

Plan B?
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                    Now tricky bit, SHALL I TAKE A GAMBLE with Ryan Air, by online check in and turning up with just photo id and try to avoid paying £20.

I know it looks weird but its ridiculous to paying for no reason....
                    As long as you know your passport number for the online check-in (im guessing they will ask for it if they are insisting on a passport), you should be fine. Worse case scenario, you pay the 20 quid anyway - they cant exactly fine you or refuse to let you on the flight.
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                    X