• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer at lunchtime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer at lunchtime

(hic)

3 pints. Is this acceptable in a recession? Haven't got a lot to do this afternoon, other than post here of course
    Cats are evil.

3 pints of a good real ale should be enough to set you up for the afternoon.

If it was lager, you'd have been better off with vimto
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Three pints is all I can manage for an evening session without seriously regretting it in the morning these days. Having that many beers for lunch would be fatal.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If I had 3 pints at lunch time there would be serious trouble... if the wife came home and found I hadn't even bothered to empty the dish washer.

Would be fine if I was still working though.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
          3 pints of a good real ale should be enough to set you up for the afternoon.

If it was lager, you'd have been better off with vimto
          It was a mix.

Two pints of London Pride followed by a swift pint of Heineken (Export). Suggested a cheeky half to old drinking mate pal, but he wisely said "we've got to get back to work".
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            It was a mix.

Two pints of London Pride followed by a swift pint of Heineken (Export). Suggested a cheeky half to old drinking mate pal, but he wisely said "we've got to get back to work".
            Having to go back to work after 3 pints would kill me off. All that I'd be able to manage after that would be a silly grin.

I love Friday. Especially around this time when my wanders and I start thinking about that first pint. Great. Roll on 5.
            I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

It was a mix.

Lethal, i used to drink london pride mixed with spitfire, 5 pints and i was on my back......

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                It was a mix.

Two pints of London Pride followed by a swift pint of Heineken (Export). Suggested a cheeky half to old drinking mate pal, but he stupidly said "we've got to get back to work".
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

3-4 pints used to be standard at last permie role a few years back lol

Those we're the days, the afternoon was a complete rightoff though

Comment

I got greedy. 4 pints and just back.

I feel pretty smashed!
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X