• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

when applying through job-sites...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when applying through job-sites...

I would like to get peoples opinions (more from a recruiter) when applying through job-sites as to what would get the better result for the applicant... there is a button for apply which then sends your details through to the recruiter but a lot of recruiters state there name and e-mail in the job spec and ask the applicant to apply through this and bypass the apply button...

any thoughts as to what would work best or recruiters picking up the applications are not bothered?

Do they not now have a simplified "Just supply 2 references" button so you get to miss out on all the tulip?
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

yeh,
      just thinking as to what a recruiter is more likely to look at - a message in his inbox from the applicant or a (yet another) message from the job-site...

Comment

i do like those apply buttons though... APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY APPLY all day long...

Comment

Also do people then follow up the submission with a phone call to the agent to ask for their details to be put forward for the role?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
            Also do people then follow up the submission with a phone call to the agent to ask for their details to be put forward for the role?
            I never bothered....

If they are genuine and need me, they'll call me....
            simple is that.....I never want to look like an anxious one even if i am.....

Comment

They do read them, on the odd occasion I've rang the number shown I've been asked to apply via the apply button.

No harm in sending an email too, it shows you're keen.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                I never bothered....

If they are genuine and need me, they'll call me....
                simple is that.....I never want to look like an anxious one even if i am.....
                i try, it might make a difference to the agent looking at a bunch of CV's or on par... plus to make sure they have the CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mart001 View Post
                  I would like to get peoples opinions (more from a recruiter) when applying through job-sites as to what would get the better result for the applicant... there is a button for apply which then sends your details through to the recruiter but a lot of recruiters state there name and e-mail in the job spec and ask the applicant to apply through this and bypass the apply button...

any thoughts as to what would work best or recruiters picking up the applications are not bothered?

Hopefully your CV and applications don't contain such an obvious blunder, easy to avoid mistakes don't help to sell you well.

Comment

Working...
                  X