• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

conservative MP denounces Uk police state

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conservative MP denounces Uk police state

now even the conservatives denounce the uk police state.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...etectives.html

The Conservative MP for Ashford in Kent, who learnt last week that he will not face charges after a Scotland Yard leak inquiry, claimed that his arrest and the tactics used smacked of a "police state".

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
    now even the conservatives denounce the uk police state.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...etectives.html

The Conservative MP for Ashford in Kent, who learnt last week that he will not face charges after a Scotland Yard leak inquiry, claimed that his arrest and the tactics used smacked of a "police state".
    If you hate the country so much why don't you **** off back to where you came from
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      If you hate the country so much why don't you **** off back to where you came from
      Do you mean Shami Chakrabati? She comes from London.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are you serious?

The police are getting out of control in this country, backed by a government who are losing it.

I love my country, it's a shame to see the priciples of honesty and decency it's reputation is built on going down the tubes.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Do you mean Shami Chakrabati? She comes from London.
          No I meant Sappatz

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Are you serious?

The police are getting out of control in this country, backed by a government who are losing it.

I love my country, it's a shame to see the priciples of honesty and decency it's reputation is built on going down the tubes.
          Oh hardly. The police have always been a bit heavy handed every now and again. My Dads old Glasgow police and he can tell a few stories. I've also been on the receiving end of a few 'slaps round the ear' from the old bill. Nearly always deserved.

The system is not infallible, the death of Ian Tomlinson was tragic. The officer has been suspended and is facing charges. Hardly a Police State.

The government I agree on you with, but the changing of the guard is not far off now.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

No I meant Sappatz
            So people from other countries shouldn't be entitled to hold and express an opinion?

That's not very British at all.

Comment

So you think the police have the right to make up laws and tell people they can't take photographs of our architecture?
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ap...tourist-photos

How many people with German sounding accents have terrorised this country in the last 20 years?

Oh and don't forget you are now legally not allowed to take a photograph of a policeman whether you are a foreign tourist, spending your money in this country, or normal citizen.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No I meant Sappatz
                Nearly every foreign person I know both from EU and non-EU countries use to think highly of the British police.

In fact the only foreign person I know and met who didn't, stopped his high regard of them because one of them gave him the wrong directions.................
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh hardly. The police have always been a bit heavy handed every now and again.
                  It's not 1970 any more. Police need to be held to a higher standard than the general public.

Their near constant wrong-doing, followed by cover-ups and back-covering lies to the media has got to be dealt with before the public loses confidence in them.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    It's not 1970 any more. Police need to be held to a higher standard than the general public.

Their near constant wrong-doing, followed by cover-ups and back-covering lies to the media has got to be dealt with before the public loses confidence in them.
                    It might be too late for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X