• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crap roles, hanging on, rate cut poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap roles, hanging on, rate cut poll

Well, my last poll showed 2/3rds of you are still in contract, so well done!

Gingerjedi gave me a great idea for a new poll, so here goes:
    Hanging on to a crap role because I know there's nothing else
    23.33%
    Taken a big rate cut and keeping head below parapet
    10.00%
    Taken a new role on a vastly reduced rate
    6.67%
    Gone permie, sold out to the devil
    10.00%
    Looking for permie, ready to court with the devil
    6.67%
    Dunno what youre talking about, everything is rosy in the Garden of Eden!
    16.67%
    Given up IT and doing something else
    13.33%
    AndyW is really a reincarnated dog
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SantaClaus; 18 April 2009, 12:15.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Wot? No bench option?

Remember your forgotten men...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Wot? No bench option?

Remember your forgotten men...
      oops, sorry, but that was covered by previous poll. I gues you'll have to vote AndyW

Comment

I applied for a contract role yesterday by email and the agent called back to say that no more applications were being taken as the client had too many. That says it all about the market !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          I applied for a contract role yesterday by email and the agent called back to say that no more applications were being taken as the client had too many. That says it all about the market !!
          Sorry to hear Cyberman. I do think its going to get worse before it gets better.

Comment

at least they bothered to let you know I suppose.

Comment

Ahhh... the good old fishing trip.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

On the bench for 4 weeks...

Applied for loadsa roles... 50 or so...

Went to NYC for a very long weekend...

Did some ITIL training...

Had two interviews...one dreadful performance by me... the other pulled..

Was about to start 'cold contacting' all IT decision makers within the Public sector within 100 miles of home - (contacted a marketing company to purchase a contact list).

But then interviewed and got offered a new role on an increased rate...

I'm ok for now...

T
                Last edited by Tingles; 18 April 2009, 18:11.

Comment

I am just hanging on at clientco. Though in some ways I fancy some time off.

Comment

I just got a new role on permie type wages after 5 months on the bench.

Whilst it's not ideal I've knocked back a few other chances for bigger money on the basis this one is on my doorstep and it means I can have a bit of quality of life with my family rather than working away from home.
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X