• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Bargains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Bargains

Which is the best website/company for holiday bargains? We want to go away with the family in May for a week in the sun.

Thanks

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Which is the best website/company for holiday bargains? We want to go away with the family in May for a week in the sun.

Thanks
    I may be alone in this - but I've never had a problem with lastminute.com
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

May holidays are usually cheapest anyway because there are no school holidays in the UK. This is because most schools won't allow absences in May because that's the exam period - so if you plan to take children with you, check before you book anything to avoid big problems with the schools.
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        I may be alone in this - but I've never had a problem with lastminute.com
        lastminute is a complete rip off!

Comment

Unless you really don't care what you get, and you go very very last minute, booking late will be more expensive than booking early. And you'll have less choice.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

It always amazed me how people in this country booked holidays year (or more!) in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It always amazed me how people in this country booked holidays year (or more!) in advance.
              Have you ever been able to afford a holiday?

If you have ever been on holiday I bet it was Filey......

Comment

Used these a couple of times with no problems

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  book

Comment

Get some good advice on here, on where to look and getting best deal:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/

Just did the same (First week in May), but think holiday companies have anticipated a slow down and have less holidays on their books. I actually started seeing prices going up, which kind of threw me.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X