• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java Bods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java Bods

Java dev at Senior developer level.

Are contracts in the big smoke as thin on the ground as they look?

Anybody landed a java developer role in the last few months?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Java dev at Senior developer level.

Are contracts in the big smoke as thin on the ground as they look?

Anybody landed a java developer role in the last few months?
    Not looking myself but I've heard it is very difficult out there for Java in London. I know one contractor out of work and another who only got a contract through his network.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

I tried getting a gig back in London but didnt get any good response. Luckily, my current 1 extended for 3 months.

Friend of mine was permie in a financial consultancy, worked in some IBs and Hedge Funds. He got redundancy in Jan and had only 3 interviews in 3 months (2 permie , 1 contract). Eventually in 4th month, he got a contract in IB where he worked before. Even for a contract, he had to go through serious recruitment process, 2-3 interviews, something like that.

IB's work is in .Net and his recent experience is in Java, but coz of his experience (of working there), he managed to land this contract.

Comment

How disappointing.

I thought a thread titled "Java Bods" would be about a group of long-term out of work IT Geeks who form a striptease troupe to entertain the ladies and find themselves a new source of income.

Or am I getting the story mixed up with something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          form a striptease troupe to entertain the ladies and find themselves a new source of income.
          Sounds like a Plan. But I wonder ladies would hardly be pleased and entertained by "long-term out of work IT Geeks".

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
            Sounds like a Plan. But I wonder ladies would hardly be pleased and entertained by "long-term out of work IT Geeks".

Show us yer floppies...

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Seems to be a lot of Java jobs advertised on Jobserve, also in London.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X