• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donate your Brain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donate your Brain

For those of you who are already signed up to donate your organs, please also consider donating your brain to medical science.
    http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/researc...rain_bank.aspx

For thos of you who are not yet signed up to donate organs after your death, why not?
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    For those of you who are already signed up to donate your organs, please also consider donating your brain to medical science.

For thos of you who are not yet signed up to donate organs after your death, why not?
    Are we not automatically signed up now anyway with the person having to actually opt out? Or is that still getting bounced about Parliament.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

My brain is as brand new
      Never been used

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post

Why not?

I read a very interesting account of one of the Luftwaffe bombing raids in WWII. One of the bombs hit a city church and the crater exposed a few dozen graves, splitting open the coffins. In half a dozen there was evidence that the person inside had been trying to escape, one poor female had worn her fingers down to stubs.
        That has always put me off donating

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Why not?

I read a very interesting account of one of the Luftwaffe bombing raids in WWII. One of the bombs hit a city church and the crater exposed a few dozen graves, splitting open the coffins. In half a dozen there was evidence that the person inside had been trying to escape, one poor female had worn her fingers down to stubs.

Shirely, donating your heart or something would ensure you don't wake up and wear your fingers down to stubs.

Rhubarb

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Why not?

If they remove your brain before burial, I think it's guaranteed that won't ever happen. You will most definitely be dead.

Not sure if your tale is one of the urban legends that has grown up around an instinctive fear
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
              If they remove your brain before burial, I think it's guaranteed that won't ever happen. You will most definitely be dead.

Not sure if your tale is one of the urban legends that has grown up around an instinctive fear
              The thought of getting my ead trepanned open by junior doctor whilst being unable to speak is a bit of a concern to me

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The idea of donating is sound but the fear that hospital staff will not do all they can for you to get at your bits is also very real
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                X