• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce advice

Not for me of course.. but for those who have been through the proceedings was potential inherited wealth ever a factor when the settlement was agreed - i.e. your parents are stinking rich and you will get x millions when they die therefore that should be factored into the amount.

Or is it only what's in the pot now amount that used for the calculation?

Ta
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

I can't see how they can count inherited wealth?

Just get your parents to cut you out the will or say they hate you and its all going to charity if they ask.

Comment

no it isn't counted. I am not a lawyer but this is basef on my divorce.

Comment

Easy
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Not for me of course.. but for those who have been through the proceedings was potential inherited wealth ever a factor when the settlement was agreed - i.e. your parents are stinking rich and you will get x millions when they die therefore that should be factored into the amount.

Or is it only what's in the pot now amount that used for the calculation?

Ta
          Yes - what parents have/potential inherited wealth can be a factor in a divorce settlement if it's significant or significantly unbalanced.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            I can't see how they can count inherited wealth?
            It is not supposed to be fair.

Comment

I can't see how you can count your parents wealth. It isn't your weath - you folks could lose it or give it to the local cats home.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I can't see how you can count your parents wealth. It isn't your weath - you folks could lose it or give it to the local cats home.
                It is taken into account though especially if kids are involved. The person I know this happened to was later disinherited so that made it doubly unfair.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  It is taken into account though especially if kids are involved. The person I know this happened to was later disinherited so that made it doubly unfair.
                  That is truely farked up! How can someone elses finances, that you may or may not be given a share of in the future, be taken into account?!

I might one day win the lottery...should this be taken into account?!
                  Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

It won't be counted unless you already got it or just in process of getting it (ie your parents died last week and divorce was filed month ago).

Comment

Working...
                    X